It is the leading skin issue for people under the age of twenty and can haunt some well into their 30’s and 40’s.
Treatment of acne is one of the main reasons that people visit dermatologists each year and there are many products available to help those who suffer from the ailment.
With the many options available, it may be difficult to find the right one for you.
Below are some of the best remedies for acne as well as the best acne treatment products that are available over the counter.
Best Acne Treatment Products
Acne treatment products number in the hundreds and each product is formulated differently to address acne issues. Not all products will work for everyone, so it is important to try a few out to find the best solution for you.
Here are the top eight that many people have found useful when treating acne on a daily basis:
- Offers upto 9 acne fighting products – Facial Cleanser, Clearing Tonic, Acne Treatment Serum, Clear Pore Serum, Derm-X Cloth, Moisture Complex, Microderm Scrub, Clarifying Mask, Probiotic Complex.
Zemmed Derma Cleanse Acne Gel
- Not only has this product been shown to clear away pimples and acne, it has also been reported as an excellent product to prevent acne as well. Even those with severe cases of acne have found solace in this product.
Mario Badescu Skin Care Healing Cream
- This product will speed up the healing time and help to prevent scars from appearing. The trick is the area is not allowed to dry out too quickly which helps reduce the chances of scars and blemishes.
Boscia Willow Bark Breakout Treatment
- Those with sensitive skin love this product and it is still strong enough to treat acne related issues. It is made from completely natural ingredients and can either be used over the skin as a whole or as a spot treatment.
Peter Thomas Roth Gentle Complexion Correction Pads
- Although some users have said that these products are a bit drying, using them twice a week along with a general acne wash has been shown to help reduce the redness caused by pimples, clear up acne and even soften subtle lines caused by aging.
DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask
- Blackheads don’t stand a chance with this product. You can easily use this as an overnight spot treatment and you will not need to worry about the smell of sulfur. You also have the added benefit of not needing to use a great deal of the product for it to work correctly.
Dermalogica Sebum Clearing Masque
- This product has been shown to work harder on adult oil. However, it is light and easy to spread on your face. This brand also offers a cleanser, scrub and toner to complete your complete acne treatment system.
Patricia Wexler MD Anescription Overnight Acne Repair lotion
- By using the product overnight, you can expect smaller pores, as well as reduced acne and redness. It has also been shown to help skin appear younger and more vibrant.
M2 Skin Refinish 20%
- This product does it all; clears acne, blackheads, lines, wrinkles and makes skin look younger. Scarring and blotches left over from previous breakouts were also diminished.
Remedies for Acne
Of course, there are some ways that you can treat acne without the use of products.
Many people have found that simple changes in their daily routines have done the trick.
Acne reacts differently for everyone and you may find some of the following remedies useful when treating your specific acne issues:
- Make sure you get lots of sleep. This will give your skin the time that it needs to heal and recoup from any damage that was done during the day.
- Try to limit the amount of dairy that you consume. Some of the hormones that are found in dairy have been known to alter hormones in people and create additional outbreaks to occur.
- Eat foods that provide extra antioxidants. Certain kinds of berries and fruits that are rich with antioxidants have been shown to help your skin heal faster and prevent outbreaks.
- Change your pillowcase regularly. While sleeping, your skin can leave all kinds of bacteria and residue on your pillowcase.
This bacteria and residue can then be transferred back onto your face the next night.
- Wash your face at least twice a day. It is best to wash your face in the morning and before bed, and even more often if possible, in order to keep your pores clear and free of dirt and residue.
Dealing with acne can be a chore for anyone that has these skin issues. None of us enjoy our faces filled with acne, but with a little work we can all keep them a little cleaner.
For more severe cases, it is important to see a dermatologist who can properly prescribe treatment methods.